Saturday, March 1, 2008

Satuday morning

Good morning Bloggers- I only have a couple of minutes before chaos becomes a reality. I have 5 little girls in my livingroom - leftovers from a birthday party sleepover for Madeline last night. Yes- my life is Fun AND EXCITING. Which leads me to the real purpose of the morning blog.

Katy's wedding is April 26. She and Josh are getting married in a beautiful old Christian church in Monterey, Ohio (near Owensille). The reception is at a hall called- Receptions Eastgate. They have invited 150 people to the wedding/reception. I know this is not the 'typical' invite-everyone-in-the-ward type wedding. Sorry. I hope no one is offended. Honestly, if Katy had her way there would only be about 75 people invited, she is not one who likes a lot of attention. We have the invitations all mailed out, the flowers ordered, cake chosen, DJ and photographer on contract. My mother-in-law will host the Rehersal dinner. Yes, a full blown, all-out traditional Prodestant wedding. Am I dissapointed that she isn't haveing a temple wedding? of Course. Josh is a really good match for her. He is all LDS- just not wet yet.

Because of the traditions in our church, I just wanted to post the wedding plans, so the information will 'get out there'. To those who have received invitations- please use the response card to RSVP. The kids are getting worried about how many guests will show up.

I love you all. I wish I could afford to invite everyone to a HUGE party to celebrate. Josh and Katy are paying for almost everything. Besides- it's her wedding, not mine (I only had 45 people and mine!)

3 comments:

chelle said...

Happy birthday Madeline!! You are a super great girl. I so enjoy having you in Primary. You are a ray of sunshine every week. And always have THE cutest clothes.
YAY! The wedding is almost here. Sounds like you have everything under control. Or Katy does or someone. What a wonderful but stressful time in a life!

Papa D said...

Tell Madeline that her old primary teacher is glad the sleepover wasn't at his house! (and tell her I am grinning as I type)

Tell Katy congratulations from us. He seems like a great guy, so I'm sure they will be happy. Pray, but don't nag, and it will all work out in the end.

Patty said...

Sounds like Katy is going to have a beautiful wedding. I wish her lots and lots of happiness!