Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday night- 5 days and counting- - -

Well, considering that none of my usual readers have had children old enough to move out of the house ( sorry Michelle, college doesn't count- they come back), I will give you-all a little information on the subject. Yes, at some point, you really ARE anxious (and happy) for your children, your sweet, kissy, lovey, innocent children to leave your comforting, secure, safe, arms to go out into the big bad world. Yes. Really. But, it doesn't mean you aren't going to miss them, or worry a little, or call to check (although you would NEVER say that was why they were calling).

Katy moved to the new apartment Saturday morning. It was a little surreal. Sunday when we got back from the dance competition, we drove over to 'help'. (As in "Mom, can you come over when you get back to help?"). I helped arrange and hang pictures, and give advise (much needed advise) on how to put together a kitchen table without the correct screws. Mom can be quite handy.

Like I said, it was surreal, mostly because when I left, she didn't come with me, she stayed there. Weird.

In how many? 5 days she'll be someone's wife. That is REALLY surreal. I will probably cry. Mostly because she will be beautiful. And scared. And someone else's responsibility. And because I am old and my children (who aren't children anymore) are ready to leave me. I will also cry because I'm happy. My mom cried when I married Katy's dad, but I'm sure it wasn't because she was happy.

Just wait until your children leave the house- not for missions, or to go to school, but to be married. To start a life. A new life. Their own life.

I am really REALLY happy. I am so happy. . . . . . I'm crying.

8 comments:

Patty said...

Only 4 days now! I am sooo happy for you!! And for Katy!

Steve and Jamie said...

WooHoo! Only a few more days left. Let me know if you guys need any help with anything this week.

Cassie Rakes said...

hey if you ever miss having little kids around, I know a few would like a new home. It's quite the change, I saw my parents go threw it, it was quite amusing actually. Hope everythings going well, and please let us know if we can help, I love this stuff.

Papa D said...

It's good to know that there is someone who blogs who is older than I am. Thanks! *grin*

It's hard to believe she's that old. She'll be a wonderful wife; she learned from a wonderful mother.

Corrie- said...

I love that you share your true feelings Louann! What a big day for everyone. Good luck and God bless, we'll be thinking of your family!

Mama D said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, what a momentous, exciting, and poignant week!

I am quite sure I will be an emotional wreak when I get to this point. It was hard enough the weeks leading up to my first leaving for college... I suspect I will be doing what I did when my youngest went to kindergarten -- cry a happy dance!

chelle said...

Aww Lou! I can't imagine what you went through the last few weeks! I can't imagine my children leaving. I love having them around. I am sure I will cry (hopefully happy tears) when they leave for good.
I hope things went well for you last week. (and for Katy)
I've missed you at church!

Mama D said...

So how did it go?! Share some details and pictures! ((hugs))