Thursday, October 30, 2008

What next ???????????

I only have a couple of minutes to update the drama in my life, and yes there is drama.

Sammy had his speech tested at Children's hospital on Monday. I have no idea how it went. I was a little surprised at some of his answers, but then again, when am I not surprised at Sammy? I'll let you know when I hear anything about the testing.

I also heard from Joey. He is doing as well as anyone could in his circumstance. It is hard to talk to him. I don't know what to say most of the time. All I can do is encourage him to try to go to the church, and educational meetings as much as possible. I think of him every day. Mostly at night when it is time for bed. I think of him in his 'room' and how noisy and uncomfortable it must be there.

When I got back to work Tues (after taking off Monday for Sam), I got the big news. Yes, BIG news. I can hardly stand it. - - - - -My store (all the Fastframe franchises in Cincinnati) were sold- SOLD-- - - S-O-L-D. To the owners of Fabulous Frames and Art. They have 3 locally owned stores in Cincinnati. The new owners are closing the West Chester store, and laying off one employee (not me)- . I've heard that everything is supposed to stay the same for 'a while'. We are all assuming that means 'through Christmas'. But we don't know for sure.
The new owners are taking over this coming SATURDAY. Yep, November the 1st. Not a lot of time to tie up loose ends or anything. And to really make it difficult(er) - (which isn't a word)- we are finishing up an order from one of the designers. It is a bear- large canvases we stretched, painted the sides and float - framed. My arms hurt most every night.

So, once again, I hate DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

chelle said...

AHHH You should never ask what next....that means you are willing to on on that 'next' thing.
Seriously, I hope things do slow down for you for a bit.
How scary about the job situation. Did you have any idea that was coming??
Keepin you and yours in my prayers!

Mama D said...

Wow, it just never slows down, does it?! Hang in there. You have friends willing to listen and who pray for you and your family!