Sunday, March 8, 2009

Grammie's Brag Book, Volume I

Welcome William Drake Colonel

Josh took this in the nursery -

Bari took this with available window light.



Look at the hair!!!



The proud new Grammie with the brand new boy!

The new parents - 'it's only just begun !'

I'll attempt to post pics today. If I am successful, this is Volume I of Grammie's Brag Book.

I went to the hospital Saturday morning- Katy and Josh had a really trying night. I wasn't going to go until later that evening- but the poor kids were exhausted. I stayed until about 10:30 and then spent the rest of the day doing the 'dance mom' thing with Madeline. I have a couple of pics of her in current dance costumes I'll try to download too. Well, when I download the pics- they always turn up at the top of the page and I can't seem to move them. So- another blog on Madeline's dance another time.

She had a small performance in Reading at the Country Club there, and then we ran back to the studio for mock competition. It lasted until about 6. I went back to the hospital at 8pm and decided that I should encourage Josh to go home for the night, and I'd stay with Katy.
It wasn't too bad. I'm just not used to running on such little sleep. I got back to the house at about 9:30am and took a nap until 12:30pm. When I got up there was a little 'display' of cards, ice cream (a pint of Graeters) and red roses. It was really cute. (Happy Birthday to me).

So, I need to catch up on a little laundry- and then it is an early night tonight for me.

Oh, Katy just called, and she will be released tonight, but will let her stay in a 'family room' so she can keep nursing. Will is not going to be released tonight as far as I can tell.

I'll keep updating as we go along - - - - - Thanks for all of your wonderful thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, so cute! Congratulations! I'm glad that everything turned out.
Grammie is a good title. That's what James' mom goes by as well.

Shayleen Lunt said...

He really is a cutie. I like this Brag Book. It keeps us all up to date ;)
I hope he's able to go home soon so that Katy can get to her bed! And you to yours!

chelle said...

He sure is a cutie! I have never seen that much hair either...ecept maybe on Laura deGraw! If i remember correctly she had a ton of hair as well.
You have great reason to be proud!
Why is William still in the hospital?

Louann and Bari said...

William - Will- has jaundice and was dropping too much weight. They finally got the nursing/suppliment figured out and he is starting to gain some weight back. This also helped his jaundice get under control so he will probably be discharged in the morning.

Patty said...

I love the pics! He gives you plenty to brag about! What a cutie!

Mama D said...

What a cutie! Congrats, Grammie!

Yeah, Chelle is right - Laura had a TON of really dark hair! So did Katie and Sarah. Kinda weird to see them now with their lighter brown hair, huh.

I can't wait for each volume of your brag book, Louann!