Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Eve

It's Sunday night. I've ended my fast, and reflected on my blog. I was reflecting on my thoughts for the day and this is what I have learned. I didn't have any epiphanies. I have true knowledge.

This is what my fast has led me to; My Father in Heaven knows me - knows my Drama. He knows Sam and our situation with him medically and financially. He will help my husband and I deal with this in His own time and in His own way. Either way, it will mean greater understanding of His Love for us and our son.

I also learned that we (LDS people) love each other. We covenant to help, support and serve one another, the least and the greatest among us. So, from this I know that if I have a concrete need that can be met somehow, and I need help, I MUST ask, and ACCEPT the help given for my family.

And most of all I learned that prayers can and will be answered. I need to step up and pray MORE and study the scriptures MORE. In otherwords, I need to do my part. Therefore, I'm recommitted to personal scripture study every morning, and more quiet time to reflect and ponder the Lords Will in my life.

Thank you for this forum, that I may vent, cry, be frustrated, and pray. Your love and support lift me when I feel as if I am in the midst of the ocean. (Remember my fear of water?).
Live-Life/Love-Life

7 comments:

Mama D said...

I'm glad your received this insight. It seems to be exactly what you needed! Isn't it wonderful how it works that way?!

Ask and ye shall receive. We'd be glad to help.

Papa D said...

Just remember: Dog paddling or treading water is still swimming.

Patty said...

It's interesting how many references are being made to water in these blogs lately! Just remember- it's okay to use water wings (aka: friends!) to help you stay afloat in your tumultuous pool of life.

Dory said...

Just wanted to continue with the water theme. After reading your posts and thinking about my own drama, I've thought a lot about a song on this CD I have called "Women of Destiny" Anyway it says "Sometimes He lets it rain" The idea is that the Lord allows for drama in life "to lead our heart where it can grow". Sorry if this sounds cheesy but it has helped me in the last few months of job searching etc. My struggle is constantly wondering when is the storm going to end? I guess that's where faith comes in and it sounds like you have got that covered. :) Things will work out.

Leslie said...

You are in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you and/or your family.

ANTSYLLI said...

Sometimes the only thing we have is the calm assurance that the Lord is with us as we navigate the storms of life. I am sorry to hear of your current drama, but I add my testimony to that of the others. You will be given the strength to handle the road ahead. You will be blessed to know how to proceed and you will be given what you need to help Sam. Your family will be in our prayers.

heather said...

I never get those big epiphanies either darnit. But for some reason we get what we need when we need it . Whether we think so or not. I will also be praying for your family. You guys are great!