Sunday, November 11, 2007

My drama---

I don't really like drama in my life, but it seems to follow me wherever I go.
I know we don't usually tell each other when we are fasting, or what our purpose is, but I consider all of my fellow bloggers family (since I'm a 1st generation in my own family).
The day (last Friday) when Katy got her drivers license, we (Bari and I) also had a meeting at Sam's school. The meeting was with the Principal, the Speech Pathologist, and the school Psychologist. They had done some extensive observation and screening for Sam. He had already been diagnosed with ADD. There had been some changes in his medication and his workload. However, there was not significant change in his behavior or study skills relating to those changes. It was a very open discussion, we felt very good about being able to discuss his behavior at home and at school. Finally, as we exhausted all the Educational data and reasoning for his behavior, the Principal told us that they all had a theory concerning Sam's status. It was purely their educational experience and teaching experience and the close relationship we have with the principal, that they told us they thought Sam has some form of Autism. He is highly functioning, and can do many things, and reason and learn in many ways. However, it was their opinion that there were even more red flags pointing to this disorder.
Now, this took me about a week to digest.
I took the paperwork from the school and delivered it to the Dr.s office on Friday. Friday night the Dr called and we had a long conversation on the phone about all the results and the opinions of the school administrators. He has initially agreed with their assessment of his symptoms. He is sending us to Children's Behavior something-something (I can't remember)- At Children's Hospital. ---More Drama--He probably can't get into the Autism drs. for FOUR months.
More Drama-- Sam's Step Mom called. She carries the kids insurance. You guessed it, it is changing the first of the year, AND since they live in northern Ohio, the new plan doesn't include Hamilton County or even Franklin (Columbus) Co. I might have to take Sam to Toledo for any treatment. And the new Deductibles are Sky High.
We have no Health Insurance to speak of. Bari carries mine and it is very expensive. He has been trying to get into UPS just for the insurance benefits.
I HATE DRAMA.
So, back to my Fast today. I am at a loss as to exactly what to fast for. Help for Sam is too general. Affordable Insurance would be great (even the Lord can Provide Miracles). I need more that just Peace of Mind. I just want HELP. Help for Sam, financial help for the family. I hate drama.
Live-Life/Love-Life

6 comments:

Steve and Jamie said...

I hate drama! So sorry to hear that you are having some. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Patty said...

I'm not sure where Heavenly Father is taking you with this latest challenge, but I know He'll be there with you every step of the way. I wish there was some comfort I could give you, but all I can say is that I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm here for you if you need anything.

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry for this latest challenge. You and Sam will definitely be in our prayers, and you are right. Heavenly Father definitely does work miracles for His children. Love you!

carrie said...

ya know louann, one thing i've learned about you is that you have great faith, no amazing faith. and because of your example to me, i have faith that the Lord will answer your prayers, that a way will be made for your family's needs to be met. i don't know what the answer(s) will be, but i know it will be perfect.

i will keep you in my prayers as well.

Papa D said...

No matter what road this leads you to travel, you will be ok in the end. I am convinced of that. (Read my latest post - that I wrote before reading this. I hope it helps somehow.)

Mama D said...

Drama stinks! I know that your needs will be met and your prayers answered because of your faith and desires to do the right thing.

I will pray for you. Your blogging family is right here with you!