Sunday, November 18, 2007

What a day

Man oh man, what a day. My congrats and all my love and support to Patty and her new councilors. What a terrific group of women. I've known and served with Patty for almost 4 years, but this blog thing has really shown everyone what we've known all along, what a spiritual giant she is. I can only hope to study and learn and glean from the word of God as she does. My Hero! She knows I love her like a sister. (and sometimes even more than my biological sisters !)---
My love and support for Shayleen in her new Primary calling. I'm a bit ashamed to say that I was still reeling from the Patty news and missed the names of the women who will be serving with her.
I love how the Lord works, and thinks. I could start every testimony with that phrase. I do love how he has organized how callings work. Other churches solicit positions and callings. People serve by volunteering for specific things. I love how the Lord chooses, and we all work together to gain a greater knowledge of the truth. Can you imagine having the same president or counselor for 10 or 20 years? I know we stretch and grow through our callings. It is an amazing and simple application of service.
I also wanted to tell you all, that you (and you too Ray) were prayed for. Yep. I prayed for you. A couple of months ago I was feeling a little lonely. Since moving to Cinci, I haven't had any close girlfriends. I loved the women I served with (you all know that), but it was not really the connection I had had in the past. We all had a very close friendship especially a special few, but it wasn't a talk-on-the-phone-every-other-day-thing. Then- along came blogging. You all seem like the closest friends and confidants I could ever hope for. See? I prayed for this blogging thing.
Live-Life/Love-Life

6 comments:

Papa D said...

Being one of the girls is not a bad thing - as long as you don't share that sentence with any of the guys.

Patty said...

Blogging has been a huge blessing to me, especially in light of all the changes happening!!
You are an absolute God-send to me Louann!! You know we must have been more closely related in the pre-mortal existence!!

ANTSYLLI said...

This blogging thing came to me at just the right time, too. I can't say that I was praying for it, but I have felt distance from my ward family. I blame it on the job, because I feel like I give so much all the time. I am thankful to all of you for sharing yourselves in this way. I am not a talk on the phone person either and this gives me a glimpse into your lives. Cindy beat me to it, but I also felt the confirmation about Patty almost instantly. I am thrilled with the changes and I know that there are wonderful things ahead for you and your family, Lou.

Mama D said...

How awesome is it to be in contact with such wonderful sisters (and brothers, Ray and Eric) at church and at the neighborhood blogging block party?!

I think the old presidencies were wonderful, and I think the new ones will be wonderful in their own ways! What a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow for all of us! I agree, Lou, the structure of church callings is inspired!

Mama D said...

I agree with so many of you that this tight-knit blogging group has come at the right time. It's a lifeline for so many of us, and has helped us see and know each other (with our strengths and weaknesses) better. It is wonderful to have such support and acceptance!!

Leslie said...

I agree with all of you. I needed this blogging neighborhood as well. I have felt more a part of the Ward as a whole than ever before. I have loved getting to know each of you better, and I can't imagine having the time and occasion to share all that we've been able to share in such a relatively short amount of time, in any other forum. (Whoa. Did that last sentence make sense??) Anyway, love ya!!