Monday, December 10, 2007

Bits and Pieces-------

Thanks to all of you who have dropped by our wedding blog. Bari will put pics up periodically, so you might want to check now and then if that sort of thing interests you. We tried to figure out how to put up that ticker thing that Ray and Shayleen were talking about, but couldn't. Any help would be appreciated.
Lets see. I'm tired and frustrated that my husband and I work (sometimes terrible hours) all the time, and can't seem to get ahead. Today I went in at 7:20am and left at 7pm. I should do the same thing tomorrow, but I'll have to take the kids to school, and won't make it to work until about 9. It is a crazy time of year. I like what I do, and who I work with, I even like my boss, but I haven't gotten any raise the whole time I've been there (4 years), and my expenses keep going up. I try to keep all my blessings in mind, but the day to day really gets to me.
Well, the new calling. I'm really looking forward to teaching with my husband. We taught our group last Sunday, and it was really fun. The kids were great. I had a little withdrawl from RS, though. After telling everyone that I was good with leaving, I found out that I wasn't as ready as I thought I was. But, like I said before, after teaching the CTR's last week, I really enjoyed it. I am so impressed with all the sisters (and brothers) serving in the Primary. I wish I would have known how to use my camera phone, I would have a great pic of Shayleen in a Chef hat to post for all of you.
If anyone has the bookclub book I could borrow, I would appreciate that also. I know that it is available at the library, but I don't have time to go. Oh, Sylvia, I have your book. I took the wrong bag to church, I was going to return it Sunday. Thank you for letting me borrow it.
Bari found a blog (I don't know how- oh through his step brother)-ANYWAY----back to the point, Bari found a blog written by a woman he knew in high school. The woman has been diagnosed with multiple personalities. I was beginning to read through some of her entries, but didn't have time to finish. Stories like this make me think about how diverse our trials can be. I guess they are as different as we are.
All right, guess that's all for now. Welcome to the new sisters in th bloggin' neighborhood. Sometimes blogs can be just boring (sorry).-

4 comments:

Mama D said...

I didn't hear... are you and Bari teaching the class that Abbey and Schuyler used to teach? How fun!! You guys will be great!

Give yourself time to grieve the loss of RS. Change is tough. But also realize that you will see the flip side of the ward. Primary can be great -- after all, you wouldn't see Shayleen in a chef's hat in Gospel Doctrine!

Patty said...

Your posts are anything but boring!
The whole job situation sure stinks. I hope you and Bari find some better opportunities soon.
I'm already missing you in RS- guess I'm going through Louann-withdrawal! It's hard to serve so long together and suddenly not see each other hardly ever!
Keep hanging in there!

Corrie- said...

Louann, I cried for several days after leaving Primary, I know you'll love it. Working with the children is always a blessing. Best wishes, may this open the windows of heaven for your family!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Louann - I am so glad to have you and Bari in Primary! Let's talk sometime...maybe you can attend RS occasionally! Glad you enjoyed the chef hat...don't worry, a picture will soon show up.
As far as the ticker goes...did you try www.sitemeter.com?
I think that's the one I used to have. I can't use it anymore because my site is private now though.