Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Life is good- Busy- but good...........

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the blogging earth. I only have a couple of minutes before I have to wake up Sam. The youngest 2 don't have school today, so I'm taking Sam to work with me. Madeline had a sleep over and tubbing party today. Sam and I will be finishing his Pinewood Derby car today.
I went to my mom's this weekend for a quick visit, and stopped by a friends house in Findlay on the way home. We rarely get the chance to visit anymore, it may even be years between visits, but I still consider her one of my closest friends. On the way home from her house, Madeline asked if she was my sister. It is interesting to see her observation of our friendship. It is like family, I miss her terribly, but we are able to always pick up where we left off at the next visit. I think that is what heaven will be like. Picking up on relationships just as if there was a pause in communication.
My mom is terrific. I can't say enough about her. She is such a strong woman, and so funny about all the meetings and she goes to and all the accomplishments she has had in her life. I think I have written about all the 'books' she makes. She is the master of 'cut and paste' scrapbooking. These aren't the pretty pages that Maura and all of you make, this is strictly -cut out of the newspaper and glue on the page -type of scrapbooks. She has her whole life divided by books. Every visit I have, she has another one to show me- she'll say-,"Haven't I shown you this?"- "Well, no Mom, you haven't". The book this visit, actually, I think there were 2 books. One was about all the articles and photos from an Art Parade- she had her students participate in. I was one of the student's- I was in the 5th grade. Madeline got the most fun out of that one. The other book chronicled the outdoor art shows and other art shows my parents participated in. She had receipts and all sorts of articles and pictures. That was fun. My my used to sketch with pasted, portraits for $1.00, and only take 10 minutes doing it! She raised her prices at one time to $1.50! Then my dad cut out silouette profiles for $.50.! You guessed it, that was back in the 60's. Anyway, it was a fun visit. Now, I'm tired, and have to go back to work today. Yuck.
On Thursday, Bari and I will be taking a Corel Painter digital photography class. It is all day. I am a little anxious about it, but I'm looking forward to spending time with my husband taking an art class. I'll let you know how it goes.
My girlfriend has 2 little kids, and she works full time. She kept asking how anyone with more than 2 could get anything done. Hmmmmm----Let me know if you figure that one out!
Gotta go and wake up poor sleepy Sam--- another day awaits us!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mama D said...

Hey it's good to hear from you in the blogging world. I'm glad you had such a great visit with your mom and your friend.

The only things I've figured out to get things done are to divide and conquer (delegate tasks to family members) and to lower expectations.

Patty said...

It's good to see you on here again! You always have such great things to share!
PS- We need to get together sometime!!