Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's a new day - - - -week

Well, after a perfectly awful weekend, this week has been pretty good. Tonight Madeline and I went dress shopping. I'm often out shopping for her (please don't ask how many different dance shoes she owns)- but tonight it was all about US. We went through a Burger King drive through for dinner (to save more $$$$ for the dresses) and hit the mall. I thought we might have some luck at the TriCounty Mall, but no. We walked the whole thing twice. Then we went to David's Bridal just down the street. I think we were there 2 hours, maybe 3. Definitely 3. I can't even begin to tell you how many dresses we each tried on. Madeline settled on a sweet light pink dress, and I actually ORDERED one for me. The first dress I tried on the sales assistant refused to sell me, because it made me look too old for my age. Thanks to her I tried on another 6 or 7. Anyway--- it's done.
That's just the beginning of a great week for me. I'm (finally) getting my hair done -cut-dyed-hilighted-whatever!!! on Thursday. I cannot wait. And on Friday we are having friends over for a game night. I'm excited. I rarely take time for me just to do something fun, and I'm really looking forward to it. Not only that - my vacation starts Saturday, and the kids (M & S) are going away with their Dad for the week. Wow. I'm ready for a Good Week!
I hope you all take some time to do something nice for yourselves this week !

5 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Shopping is stressful! I hope you really enjoyed it though. I'm glad to hear your week is getting better!

Leslie said...

Yay!! I wish you the best week of your year so far!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help it to be the best week ever!!

Patty said...

Sounds like a good mission accomplished with the dresses! I'm so glad you're taking time out for yourself this week- you really deserve it!! I am soooo looking forward to the weekend! Friday and Saturday are going to be FUN! I can't wait to see your new "do!"

Mama D said...

I'm glad you have had some time for yourself! Sounds like you had a fun time shopping.

chelle said...

I hope you had a terrific week now that the dresses are taken care of. I hope you can relax a little and enjoy the peace. Not that your children aren't lovely. :D