Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yes, I have a testimony

I just want you all to know that I do have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This past month has been stressful in many ways, but challenging my testimony is not one of them. Well.....that isn't exactly true. I want to know something. How can a loving God in Heaven give to women, mothers, daughters of God, HOT FLASHES ?????? This has challenged my testimony. Yes, I know you are ALL too young to understand the complications of such a seemingly innocent body function. But I ask you, have we not already sacrificed a week of our lives every month since we were at the tender age of 10? Sacrificed sanity, water gain, white jeans and swimming? I don't understand. What more can I give? Well, apparently, I can give a little more. In the middle of the night (3am to be exact), I can give up my sleep, covers and any modest pj's. Is that enough? NOOOO.....IN the middle of the day, a slow sweat drips down my back, as if I am sitting in the middle of a beach. I am not on the beach.
I LOVE the Lord, but if I ever get the chance, unexpected hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and hair growing in all the WRONG places!!!! I will make a change or two.
This isn't over yet.

6 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

You are so funny Louann! I'm not looking forward to that!

Cassie Rakes said...

Yet another thing in life to look forward to, thanks for the reminder. Anywho, I know this is not on the blogging subject, I was just wondering if Katy needs anything for the apartment, I have a friend getting rid of furniture/couches it's not pretty but it's good, and slipcovers can be great, just let me know.

Mama D said...

Thanks for the laugh! I'm not all that far behind you... At least I know you will be able to commisserate with me when I get there!

I agree, in my future world I'd prefer a few changes, and hot flashes and related issues are among them! :)

chelle said...

I may or may not be so far behind you either. My grandmother went through "the change" @ 40!!
Not a pleasant part of being a woman I gotta say. The ONLY blessing from all that suffering month after month. Is the children HF blessed us with. Although some days I just plain forget that they are blessings...especially that lovely week or two out of the month when my evil twin walks beside me!
Hang in there lou!
And here's hoping this next month will be less stressful for you. And you'll be able to make it on Sunday's for your spiritual boost!

Patty said...

I wanna come hang out on your world!! It sounds like a pleasant place to be!

Papa D said...

Fwiw, I'm looking forward to the aftermath of the hot flashes and other stuff. Actually, I'm kind of praying for it.

Just sayin'. *grin*