Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back again

Well, Madeline and I made the trip back without any problems. We had a great time in Gatlinburg. We spent very little time sightseeing and enjoying the attractions, most of our days were spent in the Convention Center watching other teams perform. And I really ment Our DAYs. We were at the competition by 7-7:30am both days even though she didn't perform until the afternoon. The Senior team and duets performed in the mornings and she didn't want to miss them. On average, we were done around 10-11 each night. So, yes, they were really long L-O-N-G days. Good thing we enjoy watching all of it. Madeline's dances did very well considering it was the first year the Junior team went to Nationals. They got 3 Golds, and one HighGold (which was really really good). They last day we were there, I was able to take her to the Dixie Stampede. If you have never been, I don't know if I can explain the experience. Madeline Loved it. It was really fun to spend time with her. I love how much she is still a little girl, and new experiences still really excite her. She never got over the fact that EVERYONE had an Accent! Too cute. I was really proud of her. She really enjoys performing. I don't know how she does it.

The other big news- PROJECT RUNWAY is BACK!!!!!! Who watches? I love it. I'm a little dissapointed that there are so many 'professionals' in this group. But, oh well, LOVE it anyway! It will take me a couple of weeks to pick my favorite designer, but I already have a few I'm not crazy about. I'm not sure I'll like the suntaned freak. He seems like he is a Christian wannabe, and the Cher look-a-like needs a makeover. Anyway, Love the show! One of my all time favorites.

Anyway, it's great to be back!

4 comments:

Patty said...

We're all really glad you're back!! I missed you! Gatlinburg sounds like a lot of fun... maybe I should have hitched a ride with you!

Mama D said...

Welcome back! Glad that you and Madeline had such a great time!

Papa D said...

Project Runway - YAWN!!

Cassie Rakes said...

I'm against ray with the runway thing, I love those shows, and that's exactly why I'll never get cable. But I do love visiting my parents and just watching one show right after another, that way I don't have to wait a whole week.