Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weddings -day's past and day's to come

What can I say about my week? Work is pretty slow right now. I think there may be 5-8 orders on the Production Log (it is usually around25-30). Needless to say, about 3 of the orders are 'hold for Louann' requests. I like doing the more complicated pieces but I think it frustrates my boss when there is so little to do, and the other framers aren't aloud to work on them. One of the orders has 3 newspapers to frame. They are articles or advertisements and the paper heading with date. These are for my old friend Dr Mark Mandell-Brown. He's a plastic surgeon in town. He is one of my regulars who always requests me. That's ok with the other girls because they say that helping him makes them think he is sizing them up for surgery. I have something to cut apart and put back together for another customer, and I don't remember the 3rd thing I have to do tomorrow. I need to work more, but it is really nice to be home, too. I don't think - infact, I am sure I couldn't find another job that is as flexible as this one.
I need to start getting things together for the trip to Gatlinburg with Madeline. It should be fun. We should have quite a lot of free time, if we are scheduled to dance 3 days, and they only have 4 routines. That's where not working very many hours really bites - it will take some serious budgeting to get us through 4 days, meals and some entertainment. The condo where we are staying has a kitchenette, and Madeline is in favor of making some dinners in our room. We are taking off Thursday and will be back on Monday. The dance studio director and her husband were married 10 years ago in Gatlinburg, during National competition- so they are renewing their vows on Thursday night. All the girls (and any family members) are invited to go. It should be fun.
Sammy is going to his Dad's again this week, leaving Wednesday night and returning next Tuesday night. He is going to Cedar Point, so it should be a fun trip (I hope).
Bari and I had two weddings this past weekend. One was on the 4th at a Lutheran Church in Anderson, with the reception at Dree's Pavilion. If you haven't been to Davou Park, it is just off I75 in Kentucky, just after the bridge on the right, up a BIG hill. It has a pretty view, but the evening was foggy, and you could only see the bottom half of the fireworks. It was pretty neat to see all the individual fireworks along the hill sides, though. But, I would hate to have spent the BIG bucks to have this view, and then have it be cloudy. Oh well. Anyway, it was the most difficult wedding we have done. It was a challenge because all the timing was off, and people were not where they were supposed to be. For example, the brides brother was supposed to stay at the parents house for portraits, but he went to the church to be with the other groomsmen. (Who were not dressed when we arrived for their portrait session). It was hard to keep up with which portraits we were missing, and then try to pick them up later. Usually, we meet with the groom, groomsmen and grooms family at a specific location. Next, we travel to the bride, photograph her, her 'maids, and her family. That way, after the wedding all we have to do is portraits with the bride and groom together with families, and wedding party. Lastly, we'll do some romantic shots of the couple together. If we miss the individual families from the early sessions, it just makes the portrait time in between the wedding and reception even longer. No one likes to be late to the reception. The second wedding was also in Anderson-Withamsville area, with the reception at the same hall where Katy had hers. It went like clockwork, a perfect wedding photography day. Thank heavens for that because we were still a little hung over from the wedding the night before. It's hard to explain why the day after a wedding is so hard. The only way I can think of explaining is that the day of the wedding we are running on adrenalin for hours and hours, and the next day you just crash. While I'm gone next weekend, Bari has 2 more weddings, but he is shooting for someone else so it isn't quite as intense. Oh, the second wedding had the cutest Grooms cake, it was huge- about 20 inches long and 8-10" in diameter, it was a serious looking Coney with cheese. Bari took 2 photos, one from the front, and one from the end. The end view looked just like a hot dog with chili beans and cheese. It was so fun.

Well, to make this post even longer, I'm going to write a few of the things that I'm grateful for. This is probably pretty repetitive from other lists, but we talked about Gratitude today in my primary class, and I need to write just how grateful I am.

I'm grateful for my kind and loving husband. He would do almost anything just to make me happy. He loves me and loves taking care of me. I can't even express what this means to me.

I'm grateful for my children. I love them all and am grateful to be their mother. I was looking through some old pictures tonight, and fell in love with my little 2 and 3 year olds all over again. Thank heavens we only take pictures of the good moments and fun times. I'm grateful that Sam and Madeline are having a normal childhood, and are loved and cared for.

I'm grateful that we have a house to live in, that all my children have their own beds, and even have their own rooms. We have hot and cold running water that is clean. We are protected from the elements. That there is peace in my home.

I'm grateful that I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I know what a lost and wandering soul I would be with this knowledge. I am ever grateful that I know that Heavenly Father knows me personally, and that he helps me, guides me, supports me and forgives me without comparing me to anyone else.

Well, it's late and I have a couple of big days ahead (and I haven't gotten to bed before 1 am the past 2 nights)- so I'll just say that I'm grateful for the bloggin' sisters (and Ray)- this wasn't a deep and insightful blog, but it does help to just write sometimes.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Sounds like you're staying busy (as usual!) I hope you have a fantastic trip to Gatlingburg- it sure sounds like a lot of fun!
You should post a picture of that cake! What a great/funny idea for one!
I've noticed that most people really just want to hear about what's going on in your life, so don't worry about making a post deep or insightful.
Great post!

Mama D said...

You sound busy but happy! Have fun in Gatlinburg with Madeline. I love your gratitude list!

I agree with Patty - don't worry about being perfectly profound. We just want to hear from you in our blogging neighborhood!

chelle said...

What a fun life! Great blessings, great kids, great adventures... :D