Thursday, August 14, 2008

More news- - - - - -

What a week (or 2), it has been busy with dance and school prep and church, and wedding meetings (last night we booked one for next March), and Katy is expecting. WHAT? WHAT?
NOOOOOO-----they promised they'd wait a while. NOOOOOOO- - - -that means I'm going to be a (shhhhhhhh-- - -say it v-e-r-y quietly. Grandma. NOOOOOOOOO- - - - - I don't want to be a GRANDMA! Hmmmmmm- well, that isn't exactly true. I don't mind being a grandparent, I just don't want to be CALLED Grandma. So, I need to start a list of COOL g'ma names. Any suggestions? We have until March 3 (give or take) to come up with an alternative. (And for me to get used to the idea).

And that blew the heck out of Madeline's great news- she's going to be on Toe Shoes this year "on Point" as they say. Soooooo how much busier can I be? OH, AND Katy closed on their house on Monday. Yes, we can say, busy busy busy.

4 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Congrats to Katie! And to Madeline! As for names...I've always liked just good ol' Grandma, but in High School I started calling my Grandma, Graham and later added Cracker to that. We thought it was cute.
You could definitely fit the title of Graham cracker ;)
What about Mamah? (?sp)

Corrie- said...

WOW! Who needs reality TV when you live at your house? Congratulations Grandma-to-be!

Cassie Rakes said...

My kids call my mom, mom. Creative I know, That's what we always called her so why wouldn't they? And I think my mom likes it, who wouldn't?

Some times I make the mistake of calling myself mom and Hallie quickly replies, "NO YOU MOMMY?"

I can't believe Katy is pregnant, She was so convincing when she said they were going to wait ;) I am so happy for her though, she is sooo good with kids.

And Madeline, I need to come see her dance sometime, I miss it so bad, and I would love to see her in action.

Mama D said...

Congrats to Katy and to Madeline! Fun times. Your house is never boring. I know that feeling... :)

As for being a grandma, Nana seems to be a popular name. My older sister has 3 grandkids within the past 15 months, and she LOVES it! It makes me anxious to reach that phase of my life! It'll be fun, Lou, you can spoil him/her, and then send him/her back to his/her parents! Look for the good aspects of this new phase of your life!