Tuesday, May 12, 2009

the new job

Well, I just finished my second day at my new job. I am worn out. What was I thinking?

I took a nap Monday ( mostly because of the big weekend in Columbus- and very little sleep)- and I took another nap today. I was tired, grumpy, hungry and my shoulder hurt. . . . . . . Actually, I really like my job. It will be very interesting. There is some repetition. But for the most part- it should be fun.

Yesterday and today I re-framed 40 (yes-40. That's where the repetition part comes in) autographs and pictures (not to be confused with autograph pictures). They were all different. And they were different types of celebrities, some sports, some movie (Paul Newman), some music (Johnnie Cash), even coaches.

I learned how to use the double miter metal saw, and the wood saw and joiner. I've used the joiner before. Infact, I think it is the same kind I used to own back in Lima/Dayton. But, for some reason, I can't seem to get good joins on my frame corners. I hurt my shoulder trying to lift frames in place to join. It was frustrating. I've got to figure this out tomorrow because I have 20+ movie posters to glass and frame.

So, if you like sports, especially the Reds, it is a really cool place to work. It isn't uncommon for Pete Rose, or Johnny Bench to stop in. There are other former Reds that my boss represents. I need to go to the web site and really commit those guys to memory so I don't embarrass my self.

I like the people I work with. They are funny and fun. Lynne even made cupcakes for my first day of work. It is really non stop. Like I said, I am really tired when I'm done, but it goes by fast, and there is TONZ to do all the time.

Even more surprising (maybe not) is that I don't miss my old job. I guess that is the best thing of all. Although, my old boss DID A-L-M-O-S-T cry my last day of work there. I also got hugs from the delivery driver of one of our vendors, and the mailman (!!!). You never know. I was surprised how they all said they would miss me.

Well, I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow. I'm going to master that joiner (or the saw- I still can't figure out which one is giving my the trouble).

And maybe- MAYBE I won't be quite as tired as I was tonight.

2 comments:

Mama D said...

Glad your new job is going well. You will figure out the joiner and saw. Hope you won't be as tired after a few more days of getting into your new routine!

How did Madeline do in her competition over the weekend?

chelle said...

Congrats! I didn't even realize you were starting a enw job I don't think. How exciting!
I hope it continues to be fun for you. :)