Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday night

It's Tuesday night and I feel the need to write something.

So, this is my last week at work. Thursday will be the end for me. It is strange and a bit surreal. I've worked for this company for almost 6 years. I haven't ever worked for anyone that long. And I have never worked with the same group of people for so long either. They all seem really sorry that I'm going. Now, that could be because I was a really good framer, or it could be because I got out and they haven't. Or- (and this is probably it) it is because the schedule is totally screwed without me there.

I called my new boss tonight. We were working out my schedule for next week. (I start on Monday). And he was so excited to have me come and work for him. It is really nice to hear that. It is hard to work and put your heart and soul into what you do- and feel no appreciation from your boss. My customers would be really pleased and grateful for what I could do for them, but my (new) boss could care less.

I'm taking Friday off from everything because I will be watching Little William for Katy. She had a conflict with the sitter, and needed someone to help out. My new schedule is Monday-Friday, no Saturdays or Sundays, so it will be hard to help her out.

I bought paint for the living room. I'm so excited. Right now, the walls, ceilings and trim are all painted a flat tan. I can hardly wait to start. The ceiling is going to be white (Yea!), and the walls will be a pretty yellow/green. Clean and a bit bright. I think in the mornings it will look more yellow, and the afternoon/evenings, more green. We'll see. And I have bright white for the trim, including the doors all along the hallway. It will be so nice.

Madeline has a competition in Columbus this weekend. She dances Friday night, all the way through Sunday. It will be a long competition, but it will be fun. We enjoy the time together. (I'd enjoy it a bit more if gas prices came down and I could find a hotel room for under $60 a night).

Well, it is about 11:30- time for bed- Oh I almost forgot- last night we were up really late (even for us)- because we were installing a new (for us) washing machine. Ours broke a week or so ago, and finally stopped altogether last night. We found a great deal on Craig's list, and picked up a Whirlpool front-loader for a fraction of the cost of a new one. It is a relief to have a working washer. One night Bari and I went to the 24 hour coin laundry mat. We had 4 loads. I wouldn't want to do that very often.

So- Happy Mother's Day to all those biological moms- and all those who by choice or cause, have become Mom's to others around them! Love you!

2 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Wow - so many fun things! Babysitting your grandson, new washer, new paint, new job, etc, etc! We'll miss you on Sunday, but good luck to Madeline!

heather said...

I hope you like your new job and it works out better for you. I hope you had a fun day and Madeline did well.