Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2 blogs in one day- - - this is good news

Two blogs today. Aren't you excited?

Well, this is news. I had a job offer today. Was I looking for another job? Kind of. Is this a surprise? Well, yes it is.

Last Thursday I was on Craig's List looking for something for Joey, and this Picture Framing job kept coming up. It sounded intriguing, so I sent an e-mail in response. The next day I received a call from someone I had met before I went to work for Ff. This person didn't hire me for his retail framing shop (although I would have been great there). Anyway. He called NOT because of my email- he called because he had hired one of my assistants from Kenwood and she recommended me- AND because he knew who I was and had always REGRETTED not hiring me before. Weird. So I told him about my response and we set up a time to meet.

We met for an hour and a half this morning. It is better money (a little more than I was earning BEFORE my pay cut), extra $$$ to be used for Health Care, vacation and holiday pay, and ( I can't BELIEVE THIS!) it is Monday through Friday - - - - -No SATURDAYS!!!!- - - . I don't think I have EVER had a job that I didn't work some Saturdays. Wow. - - - - I mean - -- Wow. It really seems like a nice environment to work in. I'm really excited.

So, now comes the hard part. I have to tell my boss tomorrow. I hope he doesn't cry.

6 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Woohoo! Congrats to you Louann. Best of luck tomorrow with cutting the news to the boss. Maybe you'll have some one negotiating for you ;)

Corrie- said...

You must be living right. Congratulations!

Mama D said...

Wonderful news! I am so excited for you. Best wishes with telling your current boss.

Leslie said...

Someone is watching over you! Congratulations!

chelle said...

It's about stinking time you got something good, just for you! Congrats, I am reallyexcited for you. :)

Patty said...

Yeehaw!! What fantastic news!! I'm soooo happy for you! I hope things go well breaking the news to your boss. Congratulations!