Monday, May 3, 2010

Good News

I'm tired tonight, so this will be brief.  Bari and I ran up to Sandusky Co. last weekend for an engagement shoot in Green Springs (yes, there is a Green Springs Ohio).  We had an engagement shoot Friday night (in Cincinnati) too. Anyway, it was a long weekend, and I'm tired. Seems like I'm always tired the next day- after a big weekend. It even takes me a day to get tired. Weird.
 
 Well, Katy had some big tests today. This was the day we had been waiting for. She had the babies measured. Apparently, they can only be measured every 3 weeks. Don't ask me why. So, everything went very well. Both of their Dopplers were normal, which is a very big deal. And they both had gained weight. Baby A now weighs 1 lb, 6 oz. And Baby B weighs a whopping 2 lbs, 3 oz. The drs are pleased with their progress, and will continue to monitor her in the hospital. Oh, and they will do some kind of testing on her kidney every week. Sounds like they think this may stay stable a while longer.  The babies chance of survival went from 0-10% when she entered the hospital to 70- and now to 90% survival on Tuesday when she is officially 27 weeks. So we are so very grateful for all those who keep Katy, the Babies and her family in their thoughts and prayers. Honestly, we aren't out of the woods yet, but this sure seems a bit better news than in the past.

6 comments:

Papa D said...

What awesome news!!! This is such a relief and an answer to prayers.

Mama D said...

Oops! Papa was still signed in, but that was Mama! :)

Shayleen Lunt said...

I agree, that is wonderful news! A little tear came to my eye when I read it!

Leslie said...

Yay! I'm glad for the the good news! Heavenly Father is watching over that sweet mama and her babies!

Patty said...

Let's pray that things continue to progress so well! What great news!!

chelle said...

SO glad to hear she and the babies are doing well!