Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday nights

Saturday nights are always decompression nights for me. I work (sometimes a lot-sometimes too much), and I miss Saturday -days quite a bit. The older I get and the more I regret things not done, the more I look forward to Sundays. Many of my friends don't understand how 3 hours of church can be uplifting and exciting. A long time ago I was told that Sunday would "fill my spiritual bucket" for the next week. I didn't get it. I went home with 2 crabby little kids, tired and spiritually lost. I knew that you get out of church what you put into it. Unfortunately, I wasn't ready or able or interested in working that hard. Sometime-I don't know when or how, everything changed. Now, I like to go and see the people I care about. I like to hear the messages, and lessons prepared just for me. I still take crabby kids home, but I'm not discouraged, I'm filled.
I live my life by faith. I am not a scriptorian, and shake at any heavy discussion about the gospel. There is one purpose to my faith, one light that keeps me going, and supports every other element to the church for me. This is; God the Father, and Jesus Christ, love ME. They know ME as an individual, as a mother, daughter, sister, working mom. Because of that, I know that my prayers have meaning, and my family has unlimited potential. I am never alone.
I sometimes wonder how I'm doing as a mom of the gospel. And then I get discouraged, because I know my family isn't doing all it should to uplift ourselves spiritually. That's when I am amazed because one of my children steps forward and does a good deed (unsolicited), or makes a wise choice when the easy choice was at their fingertips. I shouldn't get so discouraged, but I do, and then I'm grateful and tearful that I have wonderful sisters in the gospel who care for me and my family.
Here are a couple more personal tidbits about me. I love any mystery novel, or movie (and add George Clooney and it's a winner). I'm addicted to Reality TV -esp Amazing Race. I love any mint chocolate anything- ice cream/candy/cookies-. When I have time, I love to watercolor and I've just recently started painting House Portraits by commission.
Live/Life- Love/Life

2 comments:

Patty said...

I also love Sundays and can relate to experiencing the change from just "going to church" to truly loving church! It's the highlight of my week to be able to see my ward family and to be taught and strengthened by them. Sometimes I feel like I don't do nearly enough in return!
I'm so glad that you found the love of your life here- because now we get the super blessing of having you in our ward family. You are awesome!!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Sister Cruz? Wow! This is fun to see everyone get into this. I need to collect email adresses for mine:)
Cute pics of your family.