Monday, October 8, 2007

Gifts come many ways----

I was reflecting on conference and the time I spent with my husband this weekend. Between sessions we went out to dinner, and even went to an art show in Hyde Park. It was really great to reconnect. Sat night we thought we'd watch a movie after conf, but who showed up, but the oldest daughter and friend to play uchre (sp). All the other kids were gone, and we thought we'd have the whole evening together ALONE. Well, it was fun anyway.
Sam and Madeline came back Sunday with huge pumpkins for the porch. I think they had an ok time with their dad and step-mom. It's aways hard to tell.
Anyway- about the title this time. It is a gift to spend time with someone you love. And sometimes it is a gift to be away from the people you love. Not just because they appreciate coming back after being away- but because it gives time to renew and rest from responsibilities. There is always the gift of hearing the general authorities speak. I can hardly wait until the conf. issue comes out. It is even a gift that our church believes in keeping current with technology. I am not a very deep spiritual thinker. I love all the little things (the things that probably don't mean much in the long run). I loved seeing Bro.Nelson hold on to Bro. Wirthlin. The commitment Bro Worthlin had in finishing his talk. I loved hearing that Pres Hinkley playfully tapped someone (where?) with his cane.
I don't know how to end this one, except with my testimony. How I love this church, I know I often fail to recognize all it has to offer me, all the gifts we can aquire.
I haven't written much this last week, I guess I didn't think I had anything much to say, but I want you all to know that I check each of your blogs at least once a day. You are often my strength, and I want you to know that although you don't write them, I can see and feel the testimonys that you share. God Lives and He Loves Us.
Live-Life/Love-Life

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I agree that gifts come in many ways and forms, and that being with loved ones, and apart from loved ones (temporarily) can both be blessings.

I love your testimony and your kind, generous heart!

Dory said...

My favorite "little thing" from conference is when the General Authorities show their emotion. Elder Condie's talk about God remembering Rachel was my favorite. It really touched me.

Thanks for you thoughts they always lift me.

Patty said...

Louann, you are a gift to all of us! I love reading your posts! You have such a sweet spirit!

Mama D said...

I like the way you stated this. There are blessings in being with those you love, but also in having some time apart. There are blessings in the Gospel. There are blessings in our sisterhood and in our blogging sphere.

Thanks for sharing your testimony!