Sunday, October 14, 2007

I couldn't find the vegetable peeler......

I couldn't find the vegi peeler and I woke up with a headache at 5:30---oh, and the sisters sang like angels during our closing song today. That should be my title.
I went to bed late on Sat. waiting for Bari to come home, then I was flipping between Saturday Night Live and the Indians game. Even then I was feeling a little headache coming on. At 5:30am I woke up and took 2 Excedrin Migraine and went back to bed (yes, all that caffeine and I don't have any trouble sleeping). I slept in until 10 am.-TEN!!!! But my headache was still there. Bari wanted me to stay home, but I thought I knew better. Then I did something that made everything worse-I read the letter that was sent from the school about an assessment done on Sam. His ADD and immaturity are big issues at school. I knew about all the challenges he has been facing, but to see it in black and white was too much for me this morning I guess.
When I get these headaches I get even more emotional than normal. Anyway, I got home and my pot roast wasn't done (I'm still not used to Bari's Crock Pot), I ate 2 peanut butter cookies and went to bed. I got up this evening at about 8:30-8:45 and put the kids to bed, ate some dinner and took 2 more pills. Besides learning that the Bengals lost again, I'm starting to feel better. I told Patty today that I think the Lord gives me these headaches to make me feel fragile. I certainly feel a loss of control over my emotions and my physical capabilities concerning my family and all I do for them.
Anyway, I wanted you-all to know that I appreciate your love and concern. Your kind words mean more to me than you will ever know.
Live-Life/Love-Life

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I am so sorry that you're not feeling well. I HATE migraines. I think the peanut butter cookies were a good idea.

I was worried about you at church, but I had to rush around for Primary, and so I didn't get the chance to see what was really wrong. I hope you get feeling better very soon!

chelle said...

I too noticed you weren't yourself yesterday. I did notice you were putting on a good front of being ok. The things we do to try and be at church.
You are a brave one..me ..I would of been home sleeping..enjoying the thought of Michael struggling with the kids :D..but thats just me :P

Mama D said...

I, too, noticed you weren't feeling well at church. Migraines are horrible!! They knock me out, as well.

IMO, feeling fragile -- and recognizing that -- is the first step towards humility and reliance on the Lord. Lou, you are closer to that desired humility than you realize!