Tuesday, November 27, 2007

random thoughts and news

I have a few disjointed thoughts and some pretty big news-

First thought- congrats to Dory on her calling. I am looking forward to fabulous lessons. This ward has had female teachers for Gospel Doctrine since we've been here. I find that interesting. The last 3 wards I've attended have all had men, except one. Hmmmm-

Second thought-congrats to the DeGraw family. I was sure we'd be called to go to Harrison. It would be a terrific experience I'm sure, but the financial challenge would overwhelm us. So--congrats to you!!!!

Third thought-it's a lot easier to write this without any children talking at the same time.

Fourth thought-thanks sylli for the book. I'm really enjoying it- I guess I AM a real Mormon Woman afterall. (Take that-Ray).

Fifth thought- update on Sammy. The Dr agrees with the assessment from the school. We will be going to Children's in the spring (June) for testing for Autism.

No more thoughts-on to the big news -Yes, Katy is engaged (again). Most of you met the tall cutie with her on Sunday. I think he is planning on coming to church with her (us) from now on. They are planning a late May wedding. She is very happy. Josh is very good to her (and for her).
They make a nice match.

I think that's all. The biggest challenge in our house right now has to do with which Christmas tree we will be putting up this year. Bari loves his- it's big and bushy and (I think) hard to put decorations on. My tree is thin and sparce (it's supposed to be)- and has lots of room for decorations. Actually, I'm ok with no tree at all. I am all about just decorating the house. It's going to be a lean year at the Cruzes anyway, so maybe the kids won't notice so much without a tree.

Live-Life/Love-Life

7 comments:

Papa D said...

1) CONGRATULATIONS, Katie. He is a very lucky guy - and seems like a nice young man.

2) "it's big and bushy and (I think) hard to put decorations on" - Bari or the tree?

Patty said...

I'm glad to hear that your biggest challenge right now is which tree to put up! We've always opted for a big and bushy real tree, but this year we'll be out of town so we opted for a very inexpensive and much smaller fake tree... and I'm perfectly happy!
Congrats again to Katy- they sure make a cute couple!

Leslie said...

Congrats to Katie! That's wonderful, and they did make a cute couple!

Put up both trees! There's no rule against it!

Mama D said...

Wow, we get our own designated spot on Lou's list! Now don't you ALL wish you were going to Harrison?! LOL

On another note, the thought of Cruzes' at Harrison... That would be fun! You know, everyone sooner or later gets a chance to speak there, even if they don't serve there!

If you have room, put up both trees. Let the kids decorate one, and you can decorate the other!

Congrats to Katy!! Great news! Make sure we hear details.

ANTSYLLI said...

Congratulations to Katy. This is wonderful for her and I agree with Papa, he is a lucky guy.

I am so glad you are enjoying the book. I have many other so feel free to borrow them whenever you are ready.

Sounds like things are going well with Sammy. Getting an accurate diagnosis will help you deal with things better.

When it comes to Christmas trees I am a scrooge---Every year, I say, "Why do we need to put one up? It is just us and we already know what is under it" Eric says, "Because it is a tradition of the season." He usually ends up putting out the tree and decorating it. Can't offer any good advice for your dilemma--sorry.

Dory said...

Thanks for the encouragment, I hope I don't let you down. The sparce tree gets my vote, I like the ornaments to hang on the tree not lean on it!

chelle said...

I am so with on not putting a tree up this year...but...we did. LAst Monday for FHE. I am so tirefd lately and soo not in the Christmas decorating mood. I LOVE Christmas and everything that goes with it. Now that it is up and my house is somewhat decorated I feel much better about it. I am usually the one who puts it up and fights with the lights...and usually on the verge of swearing before I am halfway done!! Not a fun time for anyone when I put the tree up alone. So, my vote is for at least one if not two trees. Once it are up I am sure you will enjoy it!
Congrats to Katy. I hope she is happy with this new (better) decicsion for herself. They make a a very cute couple.
I am sorry to hear about Sam. AND that you will probably have to deal with Children's forever. They are wonderful but such a pain to get in with anyone. And their apts. usually last an eternity. Take a good book or VHS movie. Most rooms have TV and VCR in them!