Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Years

Thanks to those who asked about me on Sunday. Bari told me that a couple of you noticed that I wasn't at church. I had a pretty bad headache and decided to stay home. A rare choice for me. I was able to take a NAP ( a short sleep in the middle of the day- for those of you who don't indulge in this practice). And (I know- sacrilege-) I watched the football game and stayed in my ROBE until after 5pm when I took a LONG bath. I went to bed at 9:30 or so, read until 10:30 - got up at 11 when Bari came to bed and SNORED- stayed up till about 1:30am. Good thing I took that nap.
Really, thanks for asking about me, it really means a lot. I was a member of another ward for over 13 years and when we were moving, there was a lunch for me (lets meet at a restaurant kind of thing)- and 2 women showed up. I know more than that cared about me throughout the years, but it made me a little sad. So, when someone notices that I'm not there, it really does mean quite a lot to me.
I think the holidays finally caught up with me, and that's one reason I didn't feel very well.
I forgot to share a cute Sammy story. Christmas morning we were all sitting around the tree, before any presents were handed out. Sammy was just beside himself- he said," We should have a prayer!" Katy agreed and told him that since it was his idea, he should give it, and with some encouraging, this was his prayer," Heavenly Father, thank you for Christmas and for Jesus. Thank you Jesus for sending Santa Clause to bring us all of these presents!" ---Well, we're getting there!
Have a safe and happy new years. We will be fixing the pluming in the bathroom tub/shower tonight. Some of you might get a desperate call for help!!!!

8 comments:

chelle said...

I am with you on the holiday's catching up with you thing. I am totally wore out.
I missed you on Sunday.I am glad you got some much needed sleep though. Sorry your hubby snores and you had to start the sleepless cycle again! I am the snorer in our house :D

ANTSYLLI said...

I missed seeing you on Sunday, too, but didn't ask about you. I am glad that you caught up on your rest. I am so thankful that you shared your husband with us yesterday. His help with our gutters was much appreciated. I felt bad because you had a problem with your plumbing and he was at my house serving me. Thanks for sharing him. Hope you got things fixed.

Dory said...

That is so cute about Sammy and thanks to Bari for the great family pictures he took on Sunday!

carrie said...

i'm sorry you were under the weather and worn out...i didn't know you weren't at church because i had to get to my sunday school class after the first hour and then i subbed in the nursery so i didn't get to see a lot of peeps. i did talk to bari and he told me you were cleaning at the church for three hours.

i hope you're feeling much better now and recieving abundant blessings! love you bunches!

Corrie- said...

I miss you every Sunday! Just a reminder, Celebrity Apprentice starts tomorrow, I'll be watching! I'm also sad that the goth team is off Amazing Race. Now I'm rooting for the grandpa or the father/daughter team.

Patty said...

I missed ya terribly!! Guess I'll have to get double hugs next week!!
Glad to hear you had such a great Christmas!

Sarah said...

yay for getting some sleep! And double yay for a long bath! The only bathtub experience I get is the splashes when I'm trying to get my girls clean... not a pretty sight!

Mama D said...

Glad you got a nap and a bath. What a wonderful luxury. Good job on taking care of yourself! Missed you, and will miss you now that we're at the branch full time.