Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A little bump in my road---------

Well, today I had a little bump in my road of life. No, it wasn't about Joey and his whole thing. No, it wasn't about Katy and her life with husband, baby-on-the-way, new house and job. No, it wasn't about Bari Ray and teen age angst. No, it wasn't about Madeline, dance - dance - and more dance, dance class, dance teachers or dance mom's. It wasn't even about Sammy and his school, Webelo, Nintendo DS filled life. Nope. This was a little bump, all for me.

I am moving stores. My boss, Bruce, took me to Panera for a 'little meeting' - - - - -never a good thing. And told me he would like me to move to the Tri-county, Kemper Rd store. I surprised myself and didn't cry. I've been in my store for over 5 years. I've worked with Pam for 5 years. I know my customers, we get fun people from the radio station, and the Bengals and all sorts of really fun stuff. Did I say it was fun stuff? Yes, all fun stuff for me to be creative and frame.

Bruce wants me to move so he can accommodate my schedule. I will still be able to go to work at 9 and leave at 3. He needs to put a full time person in the Kenwood store. I understand that. I was waiting for that. But I didn't think that meant I would be leaving. My store. That's fun. It's a fun store. Where I can do creative things.

Tri-county Kemper does a lot - - - - A LOT- - - - of commercial (boring commercial) framing for (boring) commercial designer and corporate clients. Did I say boring ? What I really meant was- - -- - -B-O-R-I-N-GGGGGGGGG stuff. It is busy, I don't mind that, but it doesn't have the residential client that I'm used to. Ugh.

So, I have a bump, not a pot hole, or a flashing Red four-way Stop, just a bump. The commute should be better (I wonder if I can take the bus?)- and -- - -he didn't fire me. Bruce could have said that he couldn't accommodate my schedule, and just let me go, but he didn't. He found a better solution. So, there you go. Bari isn't even home from work yet, and I'm working through my therapy/blogging session quite nicely, don't you think?

Oh, and he wants me to move next week.

4 comments:

Corrie- said...

WOW! Next week? Let's list the great things about Tri-County. You're still close to a Target, there's a Costco too, and you get to travel a new way home! Best wishes. I hope you still get to chat with your old buddies.

Leslie said...

Sorry for the bump. I'm not good with change, but sometimes change is good for me! I hope this ends up being a good change for you!

Patty said...

Dangit. That bites. I know how much you've loved doing the "fun" stuff at your current store. It's a plus that he did work to accomodate your schedule, though. It's not easy to find that nowadays. On the plus side... I'm up in that area a couple times a month and might just stop by!

Mama D said...

I think it's a good thing that he was willing to accommodate your schedule. Change is hard, but like Leslie said, it can often also be a good thing. Having said that, the bumps in the road are still difficult! Ugh. Good luck as you adjust to this. Follow Corrie's example and look for positives!