Monday, March 8, 2010

It's a big day for me

 Alright, I've been dreading this day for about a year (or more). And regardless of what I've said, done, haven't done or thought of doing, it has come anyway. Today. The Day. The Big Day....my birthday..... I'm 50. FIFTY. wow. half a century. 25+25. wow. Yep.
    I've been dreading this day. I don't know why though. Because I don't fear getting older. I certainly don't fear dying. I don't know why this is such a big deal. Yep. and I know I'm older than almost all of you who read this occasionally. (Yep, Like I wasn't older before too, but  NOW I'm REALLY old). That makes a difference.

So, to get on with life. Today is also the anniversary of my baptism. 30 years in the church (also older than some of you). Funny, that still makes me a convert, although I've been in the church longer than out of the church.

 AND- Bari is taking me out to dinner (we have a gift cert. that we haven't used yet). Reservations at the Boathouse, Montgomery Inn. Yea Baby! Ribs tonight!

 So, I have more Katy news and more Home and Garden news, but since I am venting on my birthday, I'll blog that tomorrow. (When I'm full of ribs).

7 comments:

Cassie Rakes said...

Happy Birthday!

I hear there is a certain year that is hard for everyone, my mom's was thirty. Wonder what mine will be. 26 was hard, late twenties. . . shudder.

But like my mom says, get old or die.

Tell Katy Hi for me. and eat your ribs out. . . I mean heart. Don't you love gift certificates.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Happy Birthday Louann! We miss you in Primary. I feel like I really never see you anymore. Don't you feel wiser at least?

Corrie- said...

Happy, happy birthday! I'm so glad you're in RS now! You're one of the most witty and caring people I know. Have a great day dear friend!

heather said...

Happy Birthday!!Age is all relative anyway. Most days I feel sixty! I hope you have a great dinner and I love seeing you in RS too!

chelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
You are younger than my mom and I am older than your baptism anniversary!! Wooot!
Enjoy the ribs. We haven't been there in YEARS! Michael's mom was supposed to get us a gift cert for Christmas, but decided on cash instead and you know how that goes with using it for something fun! lol

Patty said...

Have a super-duper fantastic birthday!! I still say you can't be a day over 35.
Love you!!

Mama D said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a fantastic day, even though it's such an emotional hump for you. Bet you enjoyed your ribs!

The best cure I've found for feeling old is to work with the elderly. Nothing makes you feel younger than being called a girl - and to anyone over 70, 43 is still a young thing! I realized I am about twice the age as most of the nurse assistants, and the residents are twice the age as me. So depending on who I am with, I feel really old or really young!

Getting old is better than the alternative! :)