Monday, September 24, 2007

fly-bys

I used to work for an office where- when information was given in the most brief form, while the issuer was passing through the room (followed later with- "what? I told you-don't you remember?". That was given the title of a Fly-By. Basically, someone flies by you, distributing information as they go. You are neither prepared for the information, or understanding what exactly the purpose of the information is. OK. I think sometimes the Lord gives us Fly-By answers to kind-of/sort-of prayers. You know the prayer- I need this or that, but you are not really seriously praying, your just thinking about praying. Well, I think I had a Fly-By answer to a suggested prayer. I think about finding another job every now and then. I look in the paper and realize that I really don't have much experience outside of my industry. I think about how you move from one type of job to another, but I get discouraged, realize I do like my current job and forget about it. Sunday a possible opportunity popped up out of no where. Nothing may come of this, I don't know. The job is in a different field, different responsibilities, different part of the city. It is a Fly-By chance to do something different. I think the Lord understands Fly-Bys.
Live/Life-Love/Life

2 comments:

Mama D said...

Interesting perspective on answers from the Lord. Sometimes we aren't prepared for what He is ready to give us.

I find most of my "fly-bys" happen with my children. I tell them something while I'm trying to do a million other things, then get frustrated when they don't do them. Papa is always telling me to stop, look them in the eye, give the direction/request, and get confirmation before "flying" on to the next thing. When I do this, it helps with the communication and *everyone* is more satisfied with the outcome because we are all better prepared to hear/receive it.

BTW, I LOVE your by-line or whatever it's called: "Live/Life - Love/Life" Excellent!!!

Louann and Bari said...

Thanks for your insight. I do have Fly-By moments with my kids- although
Sammy is the one who won't respond unless I have his full attention.
So glad you like my closing line-