Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sammy is a dandy

Well, after having a really hard nosed Sammy day; "I don't wanna go to church, why do I hafta go? I don't wanna leave church, all my friends are here. And, MOM! Can you get me---(no) MOM, Madeline is" ----(leave Madeline alone Sam). After a day of this we were making a real effort to read scriptures again. About 15 minutes of Sammy and Madeline trading verses, Sammy says
"I think this is written in British". Ha!
I love how the Lord works in our family. We've really been on again, off again with our scripture study. The kids don't mind it (suprise), but it always seems too late, or just not planned into our evening routine. So, tonight I realized that Sammy is supposed to read/or be read to, for 20 minutes a night. Madeline is supposed to read 30 minutes a night. Solution- read scriptures together-Sammy and Madeline the primary readers, and we can really get this done.
After today's RS lesson, I've really been trying to figure out who I am. My kids will say I'm a grouch most of the time (I blame that on THE CHANGE, or stress), my husband will say that I'm still the love of his life (no matter how crabby I am). I worry about being something that I'm not. I don't know why I can't just accept that I can be a pretty nice person. Why is that so hard?
Live/Life-Love/Life

1 comment:

chelle said...

Aww I just love Sam..and we know the Sam moments :D All of your kids are great. They all have such personality. I love it!
But, with a mom like you..how could they be any thing other than great??