Monday, October 29, 2007

Mushy stuff about my husband

As usual, I've spent the last week reading everyone else's blogs and thinking of things to say. Mostly, I've been thinking of how blessed I am to have met and married my husband. When I was single, I wanted someone who not only loved me, but cherished me. I got what I prayed for.
We met at the photography studio where he works. There were lots of times we had to go on assignments together. I always liked going with him. Not only was he fun, but he had compassion and passion for his work. It was really nice to do the daddy-daughter dances. He seemed to really enjoy making them feel special. When I was allowed to assist him at weddings, I enjoyed that even more. His creativity was so exciting to watch, and he cared sooooo much for the brides. I remember one April weekend (we were dating at the time) we were watching the weather for the wedding the next day, and found out that it would be in the 90s. He said (with much emotion) -"My bridesmaids are going to melt !". How could you Not love a man like that? Every wedding we photograph now I think of my wedding. I think of my civil wedding, how beautiful it was, and our wonderful sealing in Nauvoo. The bells rang as we kneel ed across the alter from each other.
I noticed something interesting. When we were married by my bishop in our civil ceremony, I was married as Louann Benroth. I had been a Benroth for 16 years. But when we were sealed, I was sealed to him as Mary Louann Cox, my maiden name. I love that he got to marry ME, not Gene's ex-wife.
Part of this topic is because I had a customer come into my store last week who- in the middle of her order- told me she was probably going to get a divorce. I know this woman and her husband only from working with them at my store. Of course I was suprised at her announcement, they always seemed to get along. Now, this is not the first time Pam or Cristyn or I have gotten some kind of personal information from our clients. Some days it seems like we have bar stools at our design counter and beer glasses behind us - we certainly are the 'psychiatrist bartenders'. Anyway, I regress, she told me all about her problem, and how she tried to make it better. (I do realize I'm only getting one side). It all sounded too familiar, much like my former married life. The contrast between that (my first marriage and relationship) and my current marriage and relationship is night and day. I am blessed.
Today my husband and I went to the sculpture park- Pyramid Hill. I found out he had looked it up on line and planned this trip for us. He said, "I kept thinking, Louann would really like this." What a fun day. We sat and looked at shapes and colors and sometimes- we didn't know what we were looking at. But we were together enjoying our relationship. Another blessing for me (I really am blessed).
I haven't titled this blog yet---I wasn't sure what I would write about. I think I have a title now (and no one will read it- but that's ok too).
Live-Life/Love-Life

8 comments:

Papa D said...

That is so sweet. I have always liked your husband, partly because it is so obvious that he adores you and partly because he simply smiles so much.

BTW, he is as blessed as you are.

Leslie said...

I am so happy for both of you! You have truly been blessed, and you deserve it!

chelle said...

I am so happy for you too. You both are amazing people. I am a HUGE people watcher. I love to watch two people in love. (and don't get any sick ideas from that comment :P ) But it is so refreshing from the way I grew up and the way the world is now.
You both are so blessed...as you should be!

Patty said...

You know when a man looks something up and plans a date just because he thinks it's something you'll like... he's a keeper!! You two are such an awesome couple! I love how you are always so full of praise for him.

Louann and Bari said...

I really appreciate all your kind words and encouragement. Here is a post script on last nights blog. I finished, walked into the bedroom, the Love Of My Life was TOTALLY on my side of the bed with BOTH of my pillows - snoring - LOUDLY. I LOVE THAT MAN !!!!!!

chelle said...

HAHAHAHA Thanks for THAT image lol. Gotta love em dontcha?!?! Michael does the same thing if I get out of bed for some reason..I'm like ..do oyu wanna switch pillows or what?!?! MOVE OVER!

Mama D said...

It is indeed a blessing to be adored and cherished by your spouse! You two are a great couple!!

carrie said...

awww...how sweet. and i whole heartedly agree with patty. it is very cool that he planned that trip with the purpose of wanting to please you...that is golden. ditto on what papa d said too. you are both blessed to have each other.