Monday, November 5, 2007

Love the RACE *********

OK, there are few things I like as well as, or better than The Amazing Race !!! Yes, I follow dilligently. My family members all pick teams (several favorites) and follow them through the race. We choose which Roadblock we do, and if we would choose the Fast Forward or not. My kids are just as nutty about this as I am. So- for the next few weeks I will undoubtedly be making blog comments on the Race. So, for starters, we like the Goth team (no- really !!!), they run a clean race (so to speak), and they are nice to each other. We tend to like family teams, sisters, daughter/dad, grandpa/grandson, brother/sister. Tend to not like the 'pretty' teams (I am really prejudiced against pretty girls). So, we all watched last night after the drive to pick up Sam and Madeline. They were happy to be home.
So, does anyone else follow the best reality show on TV? Hmmmmmm-hope so.
Live/Life-Love/Life

8 comments:

Patty said...

I record The Race every week but I haven't had the chance to sit down and watch it yet (too busy blogging, I suppose!) My hubby got bored of it already, but Aimee will watch it with me. I really enjoy it- I love seeing all the different cultures and trying to picture myself doing some of the challenges. (Bungee jumping is a NO WAY for me!)
It'll be fun to read your blogs about it!

Papa D said...

My father loves it. I liked shat I saw, but I never watched enough to get into it. Having said that, it's my favorite reality show.

BTW, I just about spit my water all over the screen when I read, "I am really prejudiced against pretty girls." You are a hoot!

chelle said...

I like it...but I am never good at remembering when a show is on to actually follow it all the way through. I am a canidate for TiVO. Can someone let my hubby know....PLEASE!!! :D
I too liked the goth girls form the preview clips I saw. And I too hate the pretty folks. Just something about people that pretty..it's not natural!! lol (my jealous streak showing through I'd say) Although, I am surrounded by beatiful people each week at church and in my blogging community. I guess I over look it for some folks! :D

Louann and Bari said...

Sorry chelle- the goth's are a girl and a boy. I know- we are learning tolerance in our house (except for pretty girls- the blonde ones from california).- Oh- and we don't really like the clergy couple.

Corrie- said...

You know I'm there! I didn't like the goth couple originally, (probably because I'm judgmental) but was pleasantly surprised by how well they did. I kinda liked the grandpa with the grandson, but don't think they'll get far with the way he rolled down that hill in Ireland. I liked the Asian dad and daughter too. It's kinda early to tell who's good and who's not. Here's my question, why do they choose so many couples where the men pick on their ladies? They look like jerks on tv! One more thing, those donkeys were too funny heehawing and everything. LOVE THE RACE!

Papa D said...

"I am surrounded by beautiful people each week at church and in my blogging community."

Thanks, chelle, I appreciate that. *grin*

heather said...

I too love the Race. I have watched it for many seasons now and I noticed this is the first time they don't have any married couples. I was a little freaked out with the goth couple but they did grow on me I'm still not sure I can take them serious with the matching outfits but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Louann and Bari said...

We loved the donkeys too!!You should have heard my kids imitate them !