Sunday, September 30, 2007

My head is just a swimmin' ------

My Grandma Cox- "Granny" used to say, "my heads just a swimmin'." She was from Kentucky so it was all foreign to me. The last couple of days I've read many of your Blogs and had many more things 'swim' in my head thank I could possibly write about. Add to all of your funny and thoughtful comments the fact that we had a fabulous Women's Conference Saturday night. I had the opportunity to help serve dinner, it was so much fun to see many sisters I know.

One thing I neglected to write about early on - was how I came up with the title of my Blog. After reading others wonderful-thoughtful titles- I wondered myself. So, it's no suprise that I came up with 'louonblog' in about a minute and a half (maybe not that long). I thought it was cute. I've since realized that it really sounds almost phonetically 'louannblog'. Hmmm. I really thought- louonblog, louann-is-jumping-on-this-blog-thing. That's it. I'm not very deep-really.

On to the conference. I loved all the talks, especially the one given by the new Gen'l RS Pres, and the last sister- the one who is the social worker. They were really great. I thought one of the most moving moments of the evening was when Elder Monson mentioned that Sis Faust was in the audience (in the first row- with her family). What a sweet man. You can tell he dearly loved serving with her husband.
There was a lot of talk about the 'relief' part of Relief Society. How we serve each other, how it is a part of us as women. It is our destiny to serve and give relief. There was also a lot of council about the strength of the LDS women, and how, as a group, we can be a strong force for good in this world. That is really exciting. We don't really need to do anything differently, just stand up for the good of the standards of Christ. It should be something we already do now. WoW.

Then the blogs I've read. I've nosed my way onto quite a few this weekend. I have gained quite an insight to your lives. I love the "I love-I hate" lists. I love the days with your kids- overflowing toilets and all. I love how you think about the words to special hymns and what they mean in your lives. I love (probably most of all) your descriptions of yourselves. You all think you are quite ordinary. I know a secret. You are not. You are the most special and loved women in all the world. You only pretend that you are living ordinary mondane lives-but you have a greater good. You have Sacred Covenants to uphold, the Gospel to preach, Scriptures to share. The fact that you do it while you are acting as normal run-of-the-mill women is an even greater accomplishment. WoW- I am blessed to know you. My heads just a swimmin' - - - - - -

Live-Live/Love-Life

8 comments:

Papa D said...

Oops, not a woman. Sorry. *grin*

Louann and Bari said...

Come on Ray- say what you're thinkin'

chelle said...

haha ray ..um sheesh when have you ever restrained yourself before :P
We all love your insights on things...so lets hear it.
And lou...my head is allways "just a swimmin" but it is usually a nausiating, what on earth was I trying to do just now kind thing. Not much reflection going on in there..until I read your post. Sat. night was a great evening. I look forward to that each year and a night focused on just me...and millions of other wonderful woman of the church. And btw..thanks for the yummy dinner...mmmmmm

Leslie said...

Aaaww! You're such a sweetie! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

And, thanks for dinner!

Patty said...

Don't you just love having so many sisters??!!
You, too, are an extraordinary woman.. and we are very blessed to know you (and love you!!)

Corrie- said...

I enjoyed Sat. night too! I especially loved Barbara Thompson's talk too. Did you see Pres. Hinckley pat Pres. Monson's hand when he sat down? I love those little moments. Cool blog Louann!

carrie said...

and i love you! i am so glad i managed to get out and go and was able to be there with you and patty. i loved all the talks and seeing the new rs general presidency was fabulous, to use a louannism.

Dory said...

Thanks for your thoughts. You have a way of making my feel great!